Hurricane Who: Category Three Convention Information
Hurricane Who is a fan-run group who organizes Doctor Who Events in the Orlando, Florida area. Our third full-weekend convention, Hurricane Who: Category Three, is taking place November 2nd through 4th, 2012 in the Lakes Conference Center at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World. While our focus is primarily Doctor Who and British Science Fiction, we welcome Guests and Speakers from all areas of Science Fiction fandom.
Guests of the Category Three Convention include:
- Peter Davison – “The Fifth Doctor”, Doctor Who *Saturday and Sunday Only*
- Frazer Hines – “Jamie McCrimmon”, Doctor Who
- Caitlin Blackwood - “Amelia Pond”, Doctor Who
- Anjli Mohindra – “Rani Chandra”, The Sarah Jane Adventures
- Paul Marc-Davis - “The Trickster”, The Sarah Jane Adventures
- Arlene Tur – “Dr. Vera Juarez”, Torchwood: Miracle Day
- Tony Lee - IDW/ Big Finish writer
- Paul Bradford - Ghost Hunters International
- Scott Tepperman - Ghost Hunters International
- Dr. Lynnette Porter - author
Full Weekend and Single Day Tickets for Category Three will be available at the door.
Ticket Prices are:
- Full Weekend – Adult: $80
- Full Weekend – Child: $40
- Friday Only – Adult: $40
- Saturday Only – Adult: $50
- Sunday Only – Adult: $40
- Single Day – Child: $20
On-Site Convention Registration* is located in Okeechobee 1 and will be open the following hours:
- Thursday – 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Friday – 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday – 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Sunday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
In our Dealers Room you will find a wide variety of Dealers and Artists.
The Dealers Room will be open the following hours:
- Friday – 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Saturday – 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Sunday – 10:00am to 6:00pm
Convention Launch Party
On Thursday, November 1st, we will be having our Convention Launch Party. Leading into the Convention we start the weekend off with a Pub night in lieu of the traditional Celebrity Brunch… It’s just more fun that way!!
Several of our Convention Guests will be joining us in the Pub this evening.
Tickets to the party are available for purchase now. Tickets are $30 if you have already purchased a ticket to the Hurricane Who Convention, $40 if you are just attending the Launch Party. Attendance is limited to 100, so make sure you get yours early!!
We are pleased to announce that reservations are now available at the Doubletree Orlando Resort International Drive for Hurricane Who: Category Three!.
Located right next to Sea World and Aquatica, the hotel is conveniently located near the Beachline Expressway (528), Interstate 4, and the Florida Turnpike. The Doubletree is 20 minutes away from Orlando International Airport.
Hurricane Who offers a wide variety of Programming throughout the course of the Convention weekend. From fan panels to actor Q&A’s, costume contests to pool parties, there is something for everyone. Please keep checking back for information on the latest happenings at the Convention.
If you have any further questions, please contact us!!